Friday, October 19, 2007

Important Macbook shortcuts in WinXP

I thought I would list some of the "shortcuts" I deem important when using WinXP on the MacBook. It caused me alot of "pain" when I first started using. :) This is based on BootCamp v1.4
  1. MacBook delete key is the backspace key in WinXP. To delete, press Fn Delete.
  2. To right-click in WinXP using the trackpad only, put 2 fingers on the trackpad, and click.
  3. To make sure that when you press F1, it activates your help instead of lowering your brightness, goto Control Panel > Boot Camp > Keyboard, ensure that the checkbox is unchecked, and click OK. Actually, this is also important if you're playing games.

You might ask... How about that stupid time problem I have everytime when I boot into boot camp? Actually, I've tried everything, including changing the registry, but the problem is still there. The reason why there is this problem is because the Mac stores the GMT time in the bios. There are only 3 easy ways which I know that can resolve it:
  1. Change your time zone to GMT +0 (not +0800)
  2. Set your windows to auto-sync with a time server. However, this assumes that you're always connected to the internet, and this will also screw up your time when switch back to the Mac OSX.
  3. Change it manually everytime you switch to WinXP (Currently what I am doing now).

Leopard is already out, and I think it is sort of official that Apple will not be supporting the Bootcamp for Tiger. Darn. If you do not have the BootCamp v1.4, you can download it here.

Hope it helps...

No comments:

Visit Rhinestic's Knick Knacks @ Etsy for handmade goods and supplies!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...