Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Anger Management III

I quote from the Slice of Life:

But you do need to find out how best to manage your own anger. What triggers it, how does it manifest itself, and what are the consequences? Writing about your anger can help you gain valuable insight into what anger does to you and how you should deal with it.

When you have a strong reaction to a situation, writing about it can help diffuse the pressure. Remember to include a detailed description of your strong feelings including the facts of the situation. Remember to use as much space on a page as you can when you scribble. Continue to scribble until you feel tired or relieved. If you feel calmer and more lucid after all this scribbling, then this exercise is for you.


Actually, this is the main reason why I started this blog. After reviewing what I've written, you can sometimes get a clearer idea on why it happened, and sometimes, it might cool you down. Sometimes, it makes you more angry. :)

Anyway, it's quite useful to track the changes in my thinking as time goes by, and at the same time, I'm trying to use it to control my stress level. So far, the former objective is met, but not the later. Oh well... :p

Music is still the best remedy for me.

No comments:

Visit Rhinestic's Knick Knacks @ Etsy for handmade goods and supplies!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...