Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Android is just another Linux mobile?

Just saw a gallery post on ZDNet here regarding the new Android phone by HTC. It is already released this week in the US by T-Mobile. Frankly, I wasn't impressed by the pictures. Below is one of the pictures from the post:



It looks exactly like a Linux UI. Granted Android is based on the Linux platform but I expected more jazz in the UI. After all, we're talking about Google.

Will it take off? I have not used it yet but based on my failed attempt to convert my parents to using Linux, I don't think it will take off in the retailer's arena like the iPhone. Speed is one thing, but its useless if the user doesn't know how to use the features. Commercial however, might be a different case. But still, users nowadays are demanding more friendly interfaces than ever before. User-friendliness has became the newest buzz word and seriously, the Android interface doesn't look that appealing. In fact, it seems to be a step backwards.

A pity... I really expected more from Android. Maybe that's the problem. Expectations.

No comments:

Visit Rhinestic's Knick Knacks @ Etsy for handmade goods and supplies!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...