Friday, October 24, 2008

Force power-up your iPhone 3G

Just today my iPhone 3G started crashing on me after I updated some apps in AppStore. At one point, my iPhone power-off by itself and refused to power up

Normal power-up step:
  • Press the power/standby button and hold it there for a few seconds

I tried the above for about 5-10 seconds but nothing happened.

To force it to power-up:
  • Press the Home button, hold it there, followed by the power/standby button, and hold it there.

This time, it powered up, but it took a longer time than normal to start-up.

Anyway, I found that the offending application that cause my iPhone to crash should be the "Free RSS Reader". They've just enabled the background notification in the latest patch and it seems that the way they've done it cause it to crash.

After "taking out" the background notification, my iPhone is back to normal. I've known this force power-up for sometime, but I've never got to try it. Good to see that it works. :)

No comments:

Visit Rhinestic's Knick Knacks @ Etsy for handmade goods and supplies!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...