Sunday, October 5, 2008

Miss being in the main ensemble

Just read the newsletter for Genus and I realised how much I miss being in the main guitar ensemble. Yup. I used to be one of those people who's one of the first to move guitars before practice starts, and never fail to go for Sat dinners. How much things have changed since I withdrew from the main ensemble. I miss the gossips too, although I still hear things now and then. :)

On why I withdrew from the main ensemble, let's just leave it that I had to make a choice due to some reason and I've chosen. Anyway, my work load has steadily been increasing and I'm having lesser and lesser time for myself. In fact, I think my guitar skills have started to deteriorate. :(

I really envy the times I was in the main ensemble, and when Expose first started out. I guess this is part of growing up. Nevertheless, I will try to make time for Expose. It's the only linkage I've left to guitar. After working for so long, I need a linkage back to something that's not software related.

Anyway, on a happy note, I've found another use for my iPhone. I'm usually quite lazy to bring my guitar tuner and now my iPhone has a guitar application that will give me the guitar sounds of the 6 strings. Hahahahaha. I was trying out the tuner application but I think tuning by ear is more accurate for now. :)

I've also found a metronome application called iTick, but I've no way of knowing how accurate is the beat. I've tried 152 beats per minute and I ended up with my fingers all tangled up at Carmen Suite. :p Thank goodness we're not going that fast. I think my fingers can only go up to 132 beats a minute.

Darn... I'm feeling old now.

No comments:

Visit Rhinestic's Knick Knacks @ Etsy for handmade goods and supplies!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...