Saturday, January 17, 2009

Problems of speed reading

I've been reading a bit the past few weeks and I have found a big problem that I've not realised till now.

It seems that I've been unconsciously speed reading and I've been reading faster and faster. I guess it is due to the lifestyle that I currently have, which requires me to read quickly as I have many things on hand.

However, there is one big problem with speed reading, at least with mine. I can always only get the gist of the content, but not the details. And to my dismay, I can no longer read slowly.

I've spent the past week trying to slow down my reading again, so that I'm able to catch details. Speed reading is good if you just want an overview, but it is hazardous if you're reading something important with many details.

I believe I have made some progress on slowing down my reading. I wonder if it is a lifestyle problem. :(

No comments:

Visit Rhinestic's Knick Knacks @ Etsy for handmade goods and supplies!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...