Saturday, July 4, 2009

Self-confidence from Within

I quote from Dr Nathaniel Branden:

The tragedy is that so many people look for self-confidence and self-respect everywhere except within themselves, and so they fail in their search.


A simple, but yet powerful sentence. Somehow we have the tendency to look to our friends, relatives and families to affirm our self-confidence and self-respect. We judge ourselves through other people eyes, but how do you know if they are judging you correctly?

The person who know you best is most often yourself. Recently, I went into a mini-depression due to some comments made and my other half asked me a simple question: "Where did my self confidence go to?" That sort of enlightened me. I've always been confident about myself, and I have the trust of the people whom I have engaged previously over the years. How can I let the comments of a few people override the many things that I have done over the years? This goes to show how hurtful some comments can be.

Thank you dear for enlightening me.

No comments:

Visit Rhinestic's Knick Knacks @ Etsy for handmade goods and supplies!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...