Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Google Nexus One is available to Singapore

Google newest phone built by HTC, Nexus One, is just launched. I do not want to repeat the specs of the phone. You can see (and purchase) the phone at Google's website here. It costs USD 529, excluding shipping. The cost is quite high because it is not tied to any telco.

I've not used the Nexus One or any Android phones before so I cannot comment on it's functionality. Everyone is obviously comparing the iPhone with the Nexus One. I personally believe both have their fans and both have their advantages and disadvantages.

Usually I will take note of 1 particular section of a phone's specifications. Below is that section comparing the Nexus One and iPhone 3GS.

Nexus One
iPhone 3GS
Height x Width
x Depth (mm)
119 x 59.8 x 11.5
115.5 x 62.1 x 12.3
Weight (g)
130
135
Talk time
Up to 10 hours on 2G
Up to 7 hours on 3G
Up to 12 hours on 2G
Up to 5 hours on 3G
Internet use
Up to 5 hours on 3G
Up to 6.5 hours on Wi-Fi
Up to 5 hours on 3G
Up to 9 hours on Wi-Fi
Video playback
Up to 7 hours
Up to 10 hours
Audio playback
Up to 20 hours
Up to 30 hours

Note that this is just what I'm interested in. Different people have different views. I personally don't care how many megapixel (MP) the camera has because I know for the fact that the MP of the camera does not translate to a better picture. I take much better pictures with my iPhone's 3MP camera than a SE W595 5MP camera.

No comments:

Visit Rhinestic's Knick Knacks @ Etsy for handmade goods and supplies!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...