Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Learned something new about Curtain Rods/Tracks

Just had a talk with James from Lowe Living Concept just now. Looks like even getting curtain rods/tracks is not that straight forward. I didn't know that there are different ways of fixing the curtain brackets and you will need to find out how the brackets are fixed before buying the curtain tracks/rods. I guess there's always a first time. Hopefully the curtain rods/tracks that I bought could fit in.

Good news is that according to James, my flat would be ready by the end of the month. I guess that's partly because I gave him whatever he wanted quickly so that he could start work. These are some of the key stuff that you'll need to confirm before they could start work:
  • Colors for the whole flat
  • Air-con (so that it could be coordinated with the painting)
  • Type of Grilles
  • Lightings
  • Hob and Hood
  • Kitchen Sink and Tap
  • Design for all fabrications
  • Type of laminates used for all the fabrications
  • Size of fridge and washing machine base
  • Instant / Storage heaters
  • Shower screens/shower tracks
  • Bathroom accessories

That's about the information that the contractor will need in order to start work, at least for me. I'm not sure if its the norm but for this renovation, I'm actually quite hands-off. I let James have a free-hand with us just confirming the main stuff. I never like the micro-manage so I guess the first thing that I look for in a contractor is whether can I trust him/her enough to be hands-off. So far my trust seems to be correctly placed.

I will update again once things are up. Like I said previously, the furnishing of the new flat is much more exciting than the wedding preparations. :)

No comments:

Visit Rhinestic's Knick Knacks @ Etsy for handmade goods and supplies!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...