Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Listen to the full story before commenting

I quote from Robert McCloskey:

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.


How often do we make the mistake of saying that we're listening, but in actual fact we're not? How often do you cut people halfway through their conversation. We should always try to listen and understand whatever is being said in totality before we form our own views.

Listen to the full story before you give your comments. Otherwise, people might not feel that you're interested on what's being said and brush you off with a "Nevermind".

No comments:

Visit Rhinestic's Knick Knacks @ Etsy for handmade goods and supplies!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...