Thursday, July 8, 2010

Not much @ Arrowtown

I've visited Arrowtown (near Queenstown) briefly in my New Zealand 12 day tour and my personal opinion is that you can give it a miss as I didn't really find anything of interest. Note that Arrowtown (the mouth of arrow river to be exact) is also one of the sites used in the filming of the Lord of the Rings (Arwen carrying the injured Frodo across the river with the Black Riders close behind). Below is a signboard of what's available in Arrowtown.

Arrowtown Directory

This town retains the rustic settings of a gold town with many of the buildings preserved on the exterior, but modern in the interior. There are a few shops around for shopping but I did not really see anything special that you cannot find in Queenstown. Below are some of the photos I've taken of the surroundings.

Arrowtown main street

I believe it's a souvenir shop. :)

The Remarkable Sweetshop which is also available in Queenstown

The Arrow River @ Arrowtown

However, there is one shop which I'll highly recommend going to in Arrowtown. That is the only bakery (that I've seen) located at the end of the street. The pies are delicious and I highly recommend the Spicy Curry Hot & Spicy Chicken Pie!

Arrowtown Bakery

No comments:

Visit Rhinestic's Knick Knacks @ Etsy for handmade goods and supplies!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...