Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Inflation is up 4.6%

These are the Singapore inflation rates for 2010:
January: 0.2%
February: 1.0%
March: 1.6%
April: 3.2%
May: 3.2%
June: 2.7%
July: 3.1% 
August: 3.3%
September: 3.7%
October: 3.5%
November: 3.8%
December: 4.6%


Transport and Housing are once again leading the pack, rising by an astonishing 12.8% and 5.1% respectively year on year. The inflation for Transport has risen by quite a bit year on year, something that I totally missed out because I did not think that the COE will rise by that much. Other than that, the inflation is largely unchanged from November.

The average inflation is 2.8%, 0.1% above my estimates. Going forward, the inflation will be quite high for January and will only start treading down in April. Food inflation may also rear its head this year. Looks like I better watch my spending.

No comments:

Visit Rhinestic's Knick Knacks @ Etsy for handmade goods and supplies!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...