Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Signs of high level of stress in Singapore

I was recently reading about how some people can get a higher risk of contracting heart disease when having less than 6 hours of uninterrupted sleep. This to me is a sign of high level of stress or work needed as this is usually the case if I cannot get enough sleep.

It seemed that there may be such a trend in Singapore. Looking at Wikipedia, heart disease is the number 2 killer in Singapore other than cancer for 2007. I was also looking at the facts and figures from our Institute of Mental Health (IMH) for 2010. These are the top 3 disorders:
  1. Schizophrenic Disorders
  2. Depressive Disorder
  3. Anxiety, dissociative & somatoform disorders 

I'm not an expert in this kind of disorders but I do recall reading that depressive and anxiety disorders are also triggered by stress.

Is this a sign?

No comments:

Visit Rhinestic's Knick Knacks @ Etsy for handmade goods and supplies!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...