Thursday, October 20, 2011

Lake Vista @ Yuan Ching

Never knew that there will be another DBSS sale so soon after the Belvia @ Bedok. I will not repeat what I have written in my other posts on DBSS and you refer to the my posts for more information.

DBSS @ Yuan Ching has been named Lake Vista, and is located along Yuan Chiong Road. The indicative pricing and configuration are as follows:

3 room67 sqm
(145 units)
from $360,500
to
$399,500

67 sq m: Big A/c Ledge; Living Room w/ Balcony
4 room86-91 sqm
(279 units)
from $481,000
to
$575,300
86 sq m: Big A/c Ledge; Living Room w/ Balcony
89 sq m: Big A/c Ledge; Living Room w/ Balcony
91 sq m: Big A/c Ledge; Living Room & Master Bedroom
w/ Balcony
5 room105-108 sqm
(258 units)
from $584,300
to
$680,400
105 sq m: Big A/c Ledge; Living Room w/ Balcony
105 sq m: Big A/c Ledge; Living Room & Master Room w/ Balcony
108 sq m: Big A/c Ledge; Living Room w/ Balcony
108 sq m: Big A/c Ledge; Living Room & Master Room w/ Balcony

You can take a look at the floor plans here.Although the flat seems to be bigger than Belvia, I find that the air-con ledge seems to be super long, as compared to other HDB flats. The balcony itself seems quite big too. The interesting thing was that based on the floor plan, it seems that the kitchen is bigger than the other flats that I've seen. Not sure if it is to scale. What's unique about this DBSS is that it includes a built-in wardrobe for the 5 room flat.

According to the map, the place overlooks the golf course and Jurong Lake park. It is also quite near the AYE, but the nearest food centre seems to be about 700m away. Quite far in my opinion.

The Centrale8 post includes some of the calculations I did to see if it fits into my affordability matrix so I will not repeat it here. The price is cheaper than the others but I believe it's because of the location. Based on what I can see on the floor plan, the usable space in the flat looks extremely small as most of the space seems to be taken by the balcony and air-con ledge. Personally, I also don't quite like the location, even though the scenery might be better than most. It's just too secluded for my liking I guess, and the price doesn't compensate that.

What about you?

No comments:

Visit Rhinestic's Knick Knacks @ Etsy for handmade goods and supplies!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...