Tuesday, February 28, 2012

802.11ac coming soon end 2012 or early 2013

Seems like the next Wi-Fi standard--802.11ac may be coming soon at end 2012 or early 2013. These include faster aggregate connection speed of over 1Gbps as well more power savings when used on mobile devices. 802.11ac also operates in the less-used 5GHz frequency band.

I'm currently using Wifi 802.11g to inter-connect all my devices and my devices usually suffer from connection issues. Slowness, weakness in signal strength, etc. Not surprisingly as I've seen more than 10 wireless networks in my area and I'm not sure how many cordless devices are surrounding my area. I've also built systems using purely Wifi to communicate and I've also encountered such signal issues due to the spillage of signals from surrounding areas, and I was just transmitting text and limited images.

Will operating on a different frequency help? I doubt so because once the 802.11ac standard becomes more common, it will still clog up that frequency. Will it be more stable? I doubt so. That's the inherit problem with wireless technology, and I do not think it will replace wired connections.

No comments:

Visit Rhinestic's Knick Knacks @ Etsy for handmade goods and supplies!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...