Monday, March 12, 2012

3 things to look out for iOS5.1 on iPhone 4S

iOS 5.1 was released last week together with the launch of iPad. I've been using it for a while and these are the 3 main reasons why you should upgrade:
  1. You can access the Camera directly from the iPhone standby screen. Either tap on the camera icon in the standby screen or swipe up (swipe down to go back to the home screen). There is also auto face detection when you use the camera.
  2. You can finally disable 3G on the iPhone 4S! After enabling that, my iPhone could last 1 more day based on my regular usage. There are also battery life improvements touted but I am sure the main reason is because I disable my 3G by default and only enable it when necessary.
  3. Japanese language support for Siri! :)

It took me about 20 mins to upgrade over-the-air (full process). Not much of a problem but please do take note of the amount of space left in your iPhone before you do the upgrade. Personally, I think you should have at least 1GB of free space before you do the over-the-air upgrade. This is the geek inside me speaking. :)

I upgraded because of the battery life. A no-brainer for me.

No comments:

Visit Rhinestic's Knick Knacks @ Etsy for handmade goods and supplies!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...