Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Elitism is quite real in Singapore

I was listening to Voice Today one day when I realised that the elitism thought in this country is worst than I thought. I really cannot imagine that people can call in and imply that many singles earn 5k a month and couples earning 10k combine income is normal.

The only reason that I can think of is that elitism in this country is worst than I thought. People think that earning 5k a month is a norm, ignoring that there are people out there that earn much much less, and these people need a leg up to get up the ladder.

There is limited government resources and it should be put to use to encourage the ones at the lower ladder to get up, and not to give those who are already quite high in the ladder to go higher.

Seriously, if you earn that much, you'll find a way. Just lower your expectations and not compare to those people who earn more than you.

No comments:

Visit Rhinestic's Knick Knacks @ Etsy for handmade goods and supplies!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...