Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Wildlife of Chek Jawa

One of the main reasons why I wanted to go to Chek Jawa in Pulau Ubin is due to the abundance of wildlife. Some of the creatures that I could find here is unlike any of which I could find in mainland Singapore.

As I promised previously, I consolidated all the wildlife photos that I took at Chek Jawa into this post here. Enjoy...

Interesting crab peaking out from the mud soil

A "family" of fiddler crabs

The monitor lizard lazing around the mangroves

The lizard near the rocky shore, deciding where to go

What i presume is a family of leaf beetles sleeping on a leaf

Unsure what this is but it was annonying

A very big mud skipper

The only bird that I saw that flew out of the coastal hill forest

Heron walking around the mangroves when the tide was lower

Flying heron that was spooked by a group of noisy boys

No comments:

Visit Rhinestic's Knick Knacks @ Etsy for handmade goods and supplies!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...