Monday, October 6, 2014

US works only an average of ...

I was quite surprised to read that the United States employees put in 34.6 hours a week on average in September 2014, the most since May 2008. I've been working on average 45 hours a week on a normal working day, and that is on record. I didn't even bother to count the hours I worked off the record. And no, there is no such thing as overtime for me. I also have to juggle multiple projects within my portfolio, some of which can be totally different from one another.

If I am working on 34.6 hours a week, I believe my life would have been so much happier and I could spend more time on my family, my hobbies and the things I love doing. Now, it seems that my working days are fully occupied by work, and my weekends are occupied by housework. Where is the life in this?

Don't tell me about working for my future. What's the use of working for your future if you're not enjoying the present?

No comments:

Visit Rhinestic's Knick Knacks @ Etsy for handmade goods and supplies!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...